This ticket is exclusively for the use of foreign travelers. Travelers may purchase a KR PASS voucher (e-ticket) from overseas distributors or from the KORAIL homepage. Travelers booking tickets online will receive an e-ticket via email, which must be exchanged for a KR PASS upon arrival in Korea. Each KR PASS may only be used for the designated period of time, as specified by each ticket type.
KR PASS holders can travel for free on all trains managed by KORAIL (including the KTX). There are no limits on the frequency of travel or travel area. Please note, however, that KR PASS is not eligible for use on subways or tour trains.
• Limitation of Use
The KR PASS is only available for non- Koreans citizens who have spent less than 6 months in Korea.
KR PASS passengers cannot be designated general seating on KTX, Saemaeul (새마을) or Mugunghwa (무궁화) trains during major Korean holidays and peak seasons, such as Lunar New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, summer vacation, and New Year’s. However, standing room may be offered if available.
[Types and Prices of KR PASS]
(Unit: KRW / Per Person)
||Passengers with an International|
Student ID Card
|1 days use
|3 days use
|5 days use
|7 days use
|10 days use
- • Children under the age of 4 ride free of charge
- • ‘NORMAL’ PASS: Individual ticket for use by adults and children (discount rates for children under 12)
- • ‘SAVE’ PASS: For groups of 2 to 5. Each group member’s information (full name and passport number) must be given at the time of reservation
- • ‘YOUTH’ PASS: Passengers holding a valid International Student Identification Card
[KR PASS Usage Procedure ]
|01. Purchase Voucher or E-ticket |
Make your reservation online at the KORAIL homepage and print out your e-ticket. Your payment information will be collected when you make your reservation, but your account will not be charged until you exchange your e-ticket for your KR PASS upon arrival in Korea.
|Purchase the KR PASS Voucher at appointed travel agencies outside of Korea.|
|02. Exchange Your E-ticket or Voucher for your KR PASS|
|At the time of exchange, present your passport and e-ticket.
At the time of exchange, present your passport and voucher.
|You may exchange your e-ticket/voucher for a KR PASS at major stations in Korea.|
• Major Stations and KR PASS inquiries
Incheon Airport' Railroad Information Center + 82-32-741-7788, + 82-2-3149-2973
Seoul Station +82-2-3149-2530, 2522
Busan Station + 82-51-440-2506
• For more information (Hours: 06:00-22:00)
Tel: +82-1544-7788 and press 7 / e-mail: email@example.com
|03. Seat appointment|
|KR PASS holders can use the general seats of all KORAIL trains free of charge (including KTX, Saemaeul and Mugunghwa trains but excluding subways and tourist trains).|
[Exchange Ticket Sales]
- • Visit the KR PASS homepage to purchase a KR PASS e-ticket using your credit card or PayPal account. Click Here!
- • You can also buy a voucher for the KR PASS at appointed travel agencies.
- * ‘US Travel’ in Korea, America, Hongkong & Guangzhou
- - Address: Seoul-si Jongno-gu Sinmunno 1-ga Gwanghwamun Officia Building #1110
- - Phone: +82-(0)2-720-1515
- - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Homepage: www.koreatour.us
- - Overseas Offices
- [Hongkong & Guangzhou] HONG KONG KOREA-HK INT'L TRAVEL LTD.
- Phone: +852-2152-3133 / FAX: +852-2152-0838
- [LOS ANGELES in USA: INFO TOUR]
- Phone: +1-213-383-5511 / FAX: +1-213-383-6611
- Address: 3345 Wilshire Blvd. #1109 LOS ANGELES, CA 90010
- [NEW YORK CITY in USA: US TRAVEL]
- Phone: +1- 212-643-2005 / FAX: 212-643-1124
- Address: #22C9 50WEST 34TH ST. NEW YORK NY 10001
- * STA Travel in Korea
- - Address: Seoul-si Jongno-gu Jongno 2-ga YMCA building 5th floor
- - Phone: +82-2-733-9494
- - E-mail: email@example.com
- - Homepage: www.statravel.co.kr
- - Vouchers bought at STA TRAVEL (www.statravel.com) must be exchanged for a KR PASS through Kises Tour (STA Travel agency in Korea), following the instructions in the reservation guide attached to the voucher.
[Added Benefits of KR PASS]
- • Seoul
- - Lotte World (+82-2-411-2000): 10% discount
- - Hanhwa 63 City (+82-2-789-5663): 30% discount for admission fees
- - Woori Bank, Seoul Station branch, offers a discount on its service charge: 50% discount for US Dollar ($) and Japanese Yen (￥) only
- • Busan
- - Seacloud Hotel (+82-51-933-1000): 50% discount
- - Busan Aquarium (+82-51-740-1700): 30% discount
- - Miraejet Co., Ltd (+82-51-441-8200): 20% discount
- • Gyeongju
- - Shilla Millennium Park (+82-54-778-2000): 30% discount
- • Jeju-do
- - KAL Hotel (+82-2-310-6677): 50% discount
- - Oriental Hotel (+82-2-567-0100): 50% discount
[KOREA-JAPAN JOINT Ticket ]
KOREA-JAPAN JOINT Ticket This special ticket allows passenger to use various means of transportation through the purchase of just one ticket ((KOREA RAIL, ferries between Korea and Japan (Busan↔Shimonoseki, Busan↔Fukuoka / Beetle or Bugwan Ferry) Japan Railways)). See site for details.
- * Discount Rate: 30% for KTX & High-speed ferry (Beetle, Bugwan ferry), 9~30% for JR
- * Sales agencies
- 1. E-tickets must be paid for and exchanged for KR passes within 60 days of making your reservation or your reservation will be automatically cancelled. (Cancellation fees do not apply).
- 2. Prices quoted at the time of reservation are quoted in Korean won (KRW). Currency exchange rates will be calculated at the time of purchase (upon exchanging your e-ticket in Korea) and the appropriate amount will be deducted from your account.
- 3. The KR PASS is a registered pass that cannot be used by any other individual. Passengers must present their passport prior to each use.
- 4. Please note that e-tickets must be purchased at least five days in advance, as it will take roughly this long for your KR PASS to be processed.
- 5. If you lose your e-ticket, you may print it again from the KORAIL website. However, KR PASS cannot be reissued if lost.
※ Information courtesy of KORAIL.