Chapter 1. General Provisions
Article 1. Purpose
Article 2. Validity and Amendment
Article 3. Application
Article 4. Definition
- The following definitions apply to the terms used in this document.
- 1. “Member” means a user who entered into a User Agreement.
- 2. “User Agreement” means the contract entered into by the Organizing Committee and a user for the use of services.
- 3. “Member ID” means the composition of letters and numbers created by the user and granted by the Organizing Committee under Member Services.
- 4. “Password” means the composition of letters and numbers created by the user to protect personal information and to identify the user of a Member ID.
- 5. “Termination” means the cancellation of the User Agreement by the Organizing Committee or user.
Chapter 2. Agreement
Article 5. Conclusion of and Parties to the User Agreement
- 1. The User Agreement is concluded by consent from the Organizing Committee to the request for use by the user.
- 2. Each Member ID shall be a party to the User Agreement.
Article 6. Request for Use
- 1. Those wishing to use the services are required to fill out an application on the Service Screen of the Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea website. Applicants may also apply through other means such as post mail, telephone, or fax, if available.
- 2. Applicants must apply using their real name.
- 3. Minors under the age of 18 or quasi-incompetent persons may enter into the User Agreement only with prior consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Article 7. Consent of Application
1. On principle, where there are no administrative or technical problems regarding the applicant, the Organizing Committee shall grant consent for the use of services. Consent will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Article 8. Cancellation of Applications
- The Organizing Committee may cancel applications for use of services in the following cases:
The Organizing Committee shall immediately inform the applicant upon cancellation of the application.
- ① The application is made under another person’s name
- ② The applicant used false information in the application
- ③ The applicant is registered as a credit delinquent for PC communications and Internet services in accordance with the Use and Protection of Credit Information Act
- ④ Consent is made difficult due to the fault of the applicant
- ⑤ Use of the services by the applicant has the potential to harm public order
Article 9. Installation of Service Lines and Terminals
Applicants shall install all necessary devices for the use of services, including terminals, at their own cost.
Article 10. Granting and Changing of Member ID
- 1. Member IDs may be changed upon the applicant’s request in such cases where the ID is considered offensive by other Members or for other reasons deemed valid by the Organizing Committee.
- 2. Members shall be wholly responsible for the management of their Member ID and password.
- 3. Members shall be restricted from changing their Member ID unless they have a valid reason to do so.
- 4. Members shall be wholly liable for any negligence or misuse by a third party of the Member ID and password notified to the Member.
Article 11. Opening of Services
Services shall begin on the date the Organizing Committee consents to the use of services under the User Agreement.
Chapter 3. Obligations of Parties
Article 12. Obligations of the Organizing Committee
- 1. The Organizing Committee shall immediately respond to any reasonable comments or complaints relayed by the user. If an immediate response is not possible, the Organizing Committee shall notify the user in writing or by telephone of the reason for the delay and the schedule of the work process.
- 2. The Organizing Committee shall regard the transmission of personal information by the user as consent for the collection and use of such information by the Organizing Committee. Users’ personal information is collected and used in the following ways:
- ① For the implementation of the User Agreement, including the provision of services
- ② For market research and to provide customized user information
- ③ For the transmission of notices
- 3. The Organizing Committee shall, without delay, repair or restore equipment in the case of malfunction or damage to ensure continuous and reliable services. In the case of natural disasters, emergencies or other inevitable circumstances, the Organizing Committee has the right to suspend or temporarily interrupt services.
- 4. The Organizing Committee shall exercise due effort in providing transparent services for users in procedures involving the conclusion, amendment, or termination of the User Agreement.
Article 13. Obligations of the Member
- 2. Members shall immediately notify the Organizing Committee in case of any changes to the User Agreement, including the contact information of the Member.
- 3. Members may not undertake activities that undermine public order. In particular:
- ① Any actions with criminal motives or actions that incite criminal behavior
- ② Any anti-state actions
- ③ Any actions that harm societal customs
Chapter 4. Limit and Suspension of Services
Article 14. Limit and Suspension of Services
- 1. The Organizing Committee may limit or suspend all or a part of services in the event of war, force majeure, natural disaster or the outbreak, or potential outbreak, of a national emergency, or in inevitable circumstances, including the suspension of communication services by network providers pursuant to the Telecommunications Business Act.
- 2. The Organizing Committee may limit or suspend all or a part of services in inevitable cases where repair or construction work is required on its service equipment.
- 3. The Organizing Committee shall immediately notify Members on the background and period of limited services in the case of limitation or suspension of services as outlined in Clause 1 above.
Article 15. Limits of Use
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to delete postings or limit the use of all or a part of its services in the event of the following:
- ① Failure of the Member in performing obligations outlined in Article 13 Clause 2 and 4
- ② Transmission of large volumes of information with the purpose of obstructing the reliable operation of services or the continuous transmission of advertisement material against recipients’ will
- ③ Distribution of computer viruses that cause telecommunications equipment to malfunction or that damage information
- ④ Violation of the intellectual property of other users or a third party
- ⑤ Requests for correction by the Korea Communications Standards Commission or authentic interpretation by the National Election Commission in relation to illegal campaigning
- ⑥ Abuse of another Member’s ID
- ⑦ Copy, distribution or commercial use of data gained through service information without the prior consent of the Organizing Committee
- ⑧ Violation of electronic communications laws and regulations
- ⑨ Posting of information that does not suit the nature of bulletin boards or the transmission of exaggerated advertisements
Article 16. Limits of Use and Lifting Procedures
- 1. In the event the Organizing Committee decides to limit the use of services in accordance with provisions detailed in Article 15, the Organizing Committee shall notify the Member of the grounds for the suspension, the date and time, and the suspension period in writing or by telephone up to 7 days prior to the suspension of services. In the event suspension of services must be carried out urgently, the Organizing Committee shall be exempt from this obligation.
- 2. The Member notified of the suspension of services in accordance with Clause 1 above may file an objection to the service suspension if they deem it necessary.
- 3. In the event of an objection pursuant to Clause 2 above, the Organizing Committee may temporarily delay the suspension of services until confirmation of the objection is made, and shall notify the results to the Member.
- 4. The Organizing Committee shall immediately lift measures to suspend services once the reason for suspension is resolved.
Chapter 5. Amendment and Termination of the User Agreement
Article 17. Amendment
Members may amend minor details of the User Agreement, including Member’s contact information, through prior notification to the Organizing Committee.
Article 18. No Transfer
Membership is non-transferrable and non-assignable to third parties, and cannot be used as collateral.
Article 19. Termination
- 1. In the event a Member becomes subject to User Agreement termination by the Organizing Committee, the Organizing Committee shall notify such a decision to the Member up to 7 days prior to the termination and offer an opportunity for the Member to respond. Termination of the User Agreement will result in the following cases:
- ① The Member violates user regulations or fails to resolve the reason for limitation during the limited use period
- ② The Korea Communications Standards Commission requests the termination
- ③ The Member fails to respond to the notification of termination from the Organizing Committee
- ④ The Member used false information on the User Agreement (such as another person’s name)
- 2. The Organizing Committee may limit the subscription of a Member whose membership was terminated pursuant to Clause 2 for a certain period of time.
Chapter 6. Damages
Article 20. Immunity
- The Organizing Committee shall be granted immunity in the following cases:
- 1. When the user fails to acquire the expected benefits from the use of the Organizing Committee’s services or incurs damages due to the selection or use of service material
- 2. There is a failure in the use of services due to the fault of the user
- 3. A Member suffers damages due to misleading or false information posted by another Member
- 4. In goods transaction between Members or a Member and a third party based on the Organizing Committee’s services
Article 21. Jurisdiction
Disputes between a user and the Organizing Committee in relation to services provided by the Organizing Committee shall fall under the jurisdiction of the Seoul Central District Court of the Republic of Korea.